The third circular has been sent out
- For those who haven't yet hit the I'm Interested button (or aren't sure if they have done so), please do so now to indicate the extent of your interest to participate.
- Invitations to speak at APATCC 2019 have begun and are continuing to be issued progressively. Confirmed Acceptances to date are now listed.
- Please note that a number of invitations to present Invited Lectures and Invited Communications will be issued in response to I'm Interested responses and also to submissions of highly-rated Abstracts (after the submission window opens).
- There will be three types of oral presentations at APATCC 2019. Seven Plenary Lectures (30 minutes), approximately 110 Invited Lectures (20 minutes) and approximately 60 Invited Communications (10 minutes). The Invited Communications should ideally be a focused story (such as in a JACS Communication or JPC Letters article).
- Software User Workshops are to be held by Q-Chem (on Sunday September 29, immediately before the start of APATCC 2019) and Gaussian (on Friday, Saturday October 4–5, immediately after APATCC 2019). Further details and links are provided on the Workshops page.
- The iconic musical West Side Story is being staged at the Sydney Opera House during APATCC 2019 and we have managed to secure a limited number of seats for the performance on Wednesday evening October 2. These will be available for purchase on a first-come first-served basis after registration opens.
The second circular has been sent out
- An Executive Committee, Local Organising Committee, National Advisory Committee, and International Advisory Committee (the APATCC Board) are all in place and listed on the Committees page. In addition, Jane Yeaman (who some of you will remember from WATOC 2008) has come on board as Conference Manager, and Malcolm Gill as Webmaster.
- Invitations to speak at APATCC 2019 will be issued progressively, starting soon and continuing into the first few months of 2019. Please note that a number of invitations to present Invited Lectures and Invited Communications will be issued in response to I'm Interested responses and to submissions of highly-rated Abstracts (after the submission window opens).
- There will be three types of oral presentations at APATCC 2019. Plenary Lectures (30 minutes), Invited Lectures (20 minutes) and Invited Communications (10 minutes). The Invited Communications should ideally aim for a restricted scope but higher impact (such as in a JACS Communication or JPC Letters article).
The first circular has been sent out
Please indicate if you are interested in participating in APATCC 2019 (APCTCC-9), and indicate your preferred type of participation, through the I'm Interested button.
Invitation from the Congress Chair
On behalf of the Organising Committee for the Ninth Conference of the Asia-Pacific Association of Theoretical and Computational Chemists (APATCC), I have great pleasure in inviting you to APATCC 2019 (APCTCC-9), to be held in Sydney, Australia, from September 30 to October 3, 2019. The APATCC conferences, which represent the major gathering on the theoretical/computational chemistry calendar in the Asia-Pacific region, take place only once every two to three years and so this is a very special opportunity to participate. Previous APATCC conferences have been held in Japan, Thailand, China, Singapore/Malaysia, New Zealand, Korea, Taiwan and India. This is the first APATCC conference to be held in Australia. Detailed plans are in place for a rich scientific and social programme. The venue will be the recently completed, state-of-the-art lecture theatre complex of the Abercrombie Business School of the University of Sydney.
We hope to make APATCC 2019 in Sydney an unforgettable occasion. Don't miss it!
Leo Radom, Chair, APATCC 2019